Today Ferguson announced the release of its Fiscal Year 2021 Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) report. Titled “Building Influence. Delivering Impact,” the report highlights Ferguson’s progress in conducting its operations with a lighter footprint while creating positive impact for its stakeholders.
“We are dedicated to minimizing the environmental impact of our operations and fostering a culture that is safe, inclusive and engaging for our associates,” said Kevin Murphy, Ferguson CEO. “This ESG report showcases how our people, expertise and position within the value chain create positive impact opportunities for our customers, suppliers and local communities and help build a better world.”
Key highlights of Ferguson’s FY 2021 ESG report include:
- Ferguson’s ESG framework and vision for sustainability.
- Carbon reduction goals to reduce our Scope 1 and 2 emissions by 35% per million USD of revenue by 2026.
- Ferguson’s water positive impact, comprising actions or initiatives that improve water access, water quality or efficiency of water use in communities we serve.
- Enhanced governance processes to reflect Ferguson’s U.S. listing of shares on the New York Stock Exchange.
- Alignment with the United Nation’s Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) on clean water and sanitation (Goal: 6), decent work and economic growth (Goal: 8) and responsible consumption and production (Goal: 12).
- ESG ratings from organizations like CDP (rating: B), MSCI (rating: AAA) and Sustainalytics (rating: Low Risk).
“Our solid ESG ratings illustrate the progress that Ferguson has made over the last decade in helping the community of builders sustainably transform the world in which we live. We embrace the opportunity to extend a hand, drive innovative products and solutions, and do our part to influence a greener, healthier, safer and more sustainable future,” added Murphy.
More information about Ferguson’s ESG priorities can be found within the ESG report.