Recently, Ferguson Bath, Kitchen & Lighting Gallery asked consumers to share their views on home remodeling and showrooms during COVID-19. Key findings include:
- Americans have many reasons for renovating or building a home and COVID-19 is having an impact on which rooms they are looking to redesign.
- Most Americans, especially older Americans, would visit a showroom if they were to renovate or build a home. It is important to Americans to be able to touch and feel the appliances/fixtures, see products in action and have access to whole room product solutions.
- Many Americans would prefer to select appliances and fixtures themselves, but Americans who own a home other than a house, younger Americans, and men are more likely to say that they would leave all of the decisions to the professionals.
- When looking at specific appliances, most Americans would change their stove/oven and refrigerator first in their kitchen and their shower and bathtub in their bathroom.
- Many Americans like the idea of smart home functionality in their homes, particularly the kitchen.
Download the full study to review all the survey results. The results of every question are shown broken out by homeowners (house), homeowners (other than house) and non-homeowners. Only statistically significant breakouts for age and gender are included with the findings.